Sunday 24 March 2013

Bridget Casey (1827 - 1903)

My third great - grandmother, Bridget was 23 years younger than her husband Thomas Jordan. She was born on June 5, 1827 in County Tipperary, Ireland. As for her family all I know at the moment is that her father's name was John Casey. I know she came to Canada about 1842 with her parents and her father's mother who was 98 at the time. The captain of the ship always referred to the mother as 'old ninety eight'.

As there was such an age difference between Bridget and Tommy, she was widowed by 1896 and according to the 1901 census of Canada she was living with her grand daughter Charlotte and her family in Carleton, Ontario. She passed from heart failure on April 14, 1903 and was buried along side Tommy at St. Mary's Anglican cemetary. She had never converted from Catholicism.



2 comments:

  1. Hello, Bridget is my great great grandmother as well..trying to find more info. Do you have the Jordan book? A great source for the links on the Jordan side and this same story is in there. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,

    I also have the Jordan book that I got via my Grandmother. I also have a 2nd cousin that found out the location of the Jordan castle in Ireland. I haven't had much time to focus on family research (as you've probably noticed), but hope to get back into it soon.

    Chrisanta

    ReplyDelete